Sharepoint 2010 Configuration Wizzard Error: Cannot start service SPAdminV4 on computer …
When running SharePoint 2010 Configuration Wizzard It failed, with the error:
“An exception of type system.invalidoperationexception was thrown. Additional exception information: Cannot start service SPAdminV4 on computer”
I tried to manual start “SharePoint Administration Service” in Services console, but I had the error:
“The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.”
I changed my registry, to increase services startup time, as in this article:
- In Registry Editor, locate, and then right-click the following registry subkey:
- Point to New, and then click DWORD Value. In the right pane of Registry Editor, notice that New Value #1 (the name of a new registry entry) is selected for editing.
- Type ServicesPipeTimeout to replace New Value #1, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click the ServicesPipeTimeout registry entry that you created in step c, and then click Modify. The Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears.
- In the Value data text box, type TimeoutPeriod, and then click OK
Restart the server and run the Configuration Wizzard with no problems.